Monday, July 7, 2008

something different~please.

I'm so sick of rice. I know! I'm the one Asian in the group, and I seem to be the only one that is OVER the food they're giving us. We're fed lunch and dinner, at what they call the "canteen", which is just fancy talk for cafeteria. First of all, you have to go through plastic butcher blinds, wait in line and then point to which stainless-steel tray of food you'd like. They usually serve two, veggie-type dishes, a meat dish and a block of rice. The meat is never boneless, and apparently, keeping the bones on your plate is improper etiquette so you’ll see piles of bones on all the tables. Anything that falls on your lap should be brushed to ground and not placed back on the table, which would be sweet for Casperger. I have a picture of a woman whose sole job is to sweep the floor while people are eating, but I don’t know how to get it off my camera. Here's a picture of the canteen food and my classmates chowing down. Oh, and since I've moved to the new hotel (which is another story, maybe to be told in person) I've had access to breakfast-more rice.

No comments: